PCMark 8 is the latest version in Futuremark's series of popular PC benchmarking tools. It is designed to test the performance of all types of PC, from tablets to desktops. With five separate benchmark tests plus battery life testing, PCMark 8 helps you find the devices that offer the perfect combination of efficiency and performance. PCMark 8 is the complete PC benchmark for home and business.
PCMark 8 includes five new benchmark tests, each designed around a specific scenario. Choose the benchmark that best matches the device being tested, or run all five for a complete picture of the device's performance. Each benchmark produces a score you can use to compare systems as well as detailed results for gaining a deep understanding of performance during each individual workload.
• Home Test - Workloads that reflect common tasks for a typical home user. These workloads have low computational requirements making PCMark 8 Home suitable for testing the performance of low-cost tablets, notebooks and desktops. Home includes workloads for web browsing, writing, gaming, photo editing, and video chat. The results are combined to give a PCMark 8 Home score for your system.
• Creative Test - Workloads typical of enthusiasts and professionals who work with media and entertainment content. With more demanding requirements than the Home benchmark, this benchmark is suitable for mid-range computer systems. PCMark 8 Creative includes web browsing, photo editing, video editing, group video chat, media transcoding, and gaming workloads.
• Work Test - Measures your system's ability to perform basic office work tasks, such as writing documents and browsing websites. The Work benchmark is suitable for measuring the performance of typical office PC systems that lack media capabilities. For more demanding office use, run the Creative benchmark test. The results from each workload are combined to give an overall PCMark 8 Work score for your system.
• Storage Test - Measures the performance of SSDs, HDDs and hybrid drives with traces recorded from Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and a selection of popular games. You can test the system drive or any other recognised storage device, including local external drives. Unlike synthetic storage tests, the PCMark 8 Storage benchmark highlights real-world performance differences between storage devices.
• Applications Test - Measures system performance using popular applications from the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. You can choose which tests to run based on the applications installed on your system. Each test automatically steps through a series of actions such as opening, editing and saving a file. The results are used to calculate the PCMark 8 Applications scores for the system.
• Battery Life Test - PCMark 8 improves on previous versions by including new battery life testing tools. The Home, Creative, Work and Applications benchmarks can be used for battery life testing. Choose Battery Life mode to loop the benchmark until the battery is almost empty to accurately measure battery life under real-world conditions. PCMark 8 even supports external instrumentation with 3rd party power measurement equipment. Changes:
• Fixed an issue that prevented PCMark 8 from launching after a recent Steam update.
• Fixed an issue with Expanded Storage tests that could result in the unintentional removal of the partition table from a non-empty drive. Download: PCMark 8 2.0.204