RegisterHomeNewsForumsArticlesDownloadsSearchContact usChat
Already a member? Sign in.


Reply
Hybrid PhysX mod v1.03 / v1.05ff
Old 19 September 2010, 18:45   #781
Newbie

Posts: 3
CPU: Core i5 750
GPU: AMD
M/B: ASRock
RAM: 4GB
PSU: 900
Sad
stasdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2010, 12:04   #782
Golden Member
 

Posts: 445
CPU: q9450
GPU: hd4870
M/B: regular s775 board
RAM: 4gb
PSU: 700w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rook View Post
GenL's patch "Opens" PhysX only.
In fact it's not like that. CUDA is always "open" and should work just like PhysX. But most of apps developed for CUDA are using primary GPU as a basis for initialization or for computing. There is also a possiblity of rendering requirement (like in Just Cause 2) on the same GPU.
Since your primary GPU is not GeForce in hybrid configs, many of those apps fail to run. I'm pretty sure the same would happen on legit nv+nv configs if the primary GPU won't support CUDA, e.g. 6600GT+8800GT.
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2010, 12:13   #783
Newbie

Posts: 3
CPU: Core i5 750
GPU: AMD
M/B: ASRock
RAM: 4GB
PSU: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenL View Post
In fact it's not like that. CUDA is always "open" and should work just like PhysX. But most of apps developed for CUDA are using primary GPU as a basis for initialization or for computing. There is also a possiblity of rendering requirement (like in Just Cause 2) on the same GPU.
Since your primary GPU is not GeForce in hybrid configs, many of those apps fail to run. I'm pretty sure the same would happen on legit nv+nv configs if the primary GPU won't support CUDA, e.g. 6600GT+8800GT.
TX.
stasdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 11:53   #784
Newbie

Posts: 8
CPU: I7 920 D0 @ 4.00 Ghz
GPU: HD 5970 + GTS 250
M/B: Gigabyte X58A-UD7
RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenL View Post
In fact it's not like that. CUDA is always "open" and should work just like PhysX. But most of apps developed for CUDA are using primary GPU as a basis for initialization or for computing. There is also a possiblity of rendering requirement (like in Just Cause 2) on the same GPU.
Since your primary GPU is not GeForce in hybrid configs, many of those apps fail to run. I'm pretty sure the same would happen on legit nv+nv configs if the primary GPU won't support CUDA, e.g. 6600GT+8800GT.
My bad.
Thanks for explaining!

But, if CUDA is always "open", why doesn't GPU-Z reports CUDA enabled then? Is because it also uses primary GPU as basis for initialization?

Another thing: I'm sure you're aware of new FluidMark 1.2.2, right? The application is driverless so, it only works if we copy the PhysX patched files to FluidMark's directory. When you release next PhysX Mod -- if you are considering to release --, can you please, introduce an option to patch also FluidMark's PhysX files?

Thanks.


Johnny
Johnny Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 19:07   #785
Advanced Newbie

Posts: 27
CPU: 9950
GPU: 3870x2
M/B: Crosshair 2
RAM: OCZ
PSU: Alienware
Hi all. Today my friend recieved a 3870x2 that I sent him. He was using a 9800GT..

Any way, we got it all installed using the following method -

Remove drivers.

Reboot in safe, run driver sweep.

Install Catalyst 10.9.

Install Nvidia driver

Install Physx (both of the ones recc for 1.044f).

It all went well, and Fluidmark was working. He got over 30FPS, about what was expected. However, when he installed Mafia II and ran it? strangeness. Without Physx on the game ran perfectly. However when turned on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYVyl2jiO2s

Look at what is happening. Huge artifacts, shards.. It's terrible.

I've had this very same card running hybrid Physx with an 8800 ultra, his 9800GT works flawlessly alone.

Any ideas?
ALXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 21:24   #786
Newbie

Posts: 8
CPU: I7 920 D0 @ 4.00 Ghz
GPU: HD 5970 + GTS 250
M/B: Gigabyte X58A-UD7
RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALXA View Post
Hi all. Today my friend recieved a 3870x2 that I sent him. He was using a 9800GT..

Any way, we got it all installed using the following method -

Remove drivers.

Reboot in safe, run driver sweep.

Install Catalyst 10.9.

Install Nvidia driver

Install Physx (both of the ones recc for 1.044f).

It all went well, and Fluidmark was working. He got over 30FPS, about what was expected. However, when he installed Mafia II and ran it? strangeness. Without Physx on the game ran perfectly. However when turned on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYVyl2jiO2s

Look at what is happening. Huge artifacts, shards.. It's terrible.

I've had this very same card running hybrid Physx with an 8800 ultra, his 9800GT works flawlessly alone.

Any ideas?
One thing I'm sure: the card is ok. I'm positive because, I've the same exact artifacts before but I fixed it. What I can't recall is if it was drivers if it was GeForce CUDAs' overclock... sorry. So, if you don't OC'ed the card, re-install NVIDIA drivers 258 again and should be fine (maybe needs a reboot).


Johnny
Johnny Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 21:27   #787
Advanced Newbie

Posts: 27
CPU: 9950
GPU: 3870x2
M/B: Crosshair 2
RAM: OCZ
PSU: Alienware
Yeah the card is fine Johnny

He was playing Mafia 2 with it before today, but it wasn't enough for very high. The Rad 3870x2 is a banging card for the bucks tbh. And with Crossfire scaling as it does now? Well you can see how fast it runs..

It turned out to be 258 in the end. We rolled him back to 221 or something and it's fine now

Thanks for that, if we hadn't have worked it out that would have saved some savage hair ripping
ALXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 23:16   #788
Dedicated Member

Posts: 114
CPU: i7 980X
GPU: 2xHD 6990 / 465 PPU
M/B: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
RAM: 12GB DDR3 2200
PSU: 1250w
FYI: New Fluidmark 1.2.2 was released:

Does not appear to detect the Hybrid PhysX:


Quote:
new update of FluidMark, Geeks3Dís PhysX benchmark is ready for downloading. The main feature of FluidMark 1.2.2 is the compilation with the latest PhysX SDK 2.8.4.4.

The direct consequence of the use of PhysX SDK 2.8.4.4 is the use of the new driverless model. No longer need to install the PhysX System software to enjoy PhysX. Now any PhysX app can embed all necessary PhysX files and thatís exactly what FluidMark does.

And the cool thing is that when NVIDIA will release an update of its PhysX System Software, just install it and FluidMark will use the new PhysX runtimes thanks to the update system in the new PhysX SDK (see HERE for more details).

Other interesting consequence of PhysX SDK 2.8.4.4 is that the engine core is compiled with SSE2. So CPU PhysX takes advantage of that and from my first tests, there is a gain (not a huge gain but a gain anyway):
TheDON3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 23:30   #789
Dedicated Member

Posts: 114
CPU: i7 980X
GPU: 2xHD 6990 / 465 PPU
M/B: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
RAM: 12GB DDR3 2200
PSU: 1250w
Update:

Removing the included PhysX DLL files from within the Fluidmark 1.2.2 folder allows it to work properly.

PhysXCore.dll PhysXCooking.dll PhysXLoading.dll and PhysXDevice.dll were removed from the FluidMark 1.2.2 Folder:


Here is my 1920x1080 Fullscreen Results:

TheDON3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2010, 01:15   #790
Golden Member
 

Posts: 445
CPU: q9450
GPU: hd4870
M/B: regular s775 board
RAM: 4gb
PSU: 700w
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDON3k View Post
Removing the included PhysX DLL files from within the Fluidmark 1.2.2 folder allows it to work properly.

PhysXCore.dll PhysXCooking.dll PhysXLoading.dll and PhysXDevice.dll were removed from the FluidMark 1.2.2 Folder
It was enough to remove only PhysXDevice.dll file, i suppose.

Not a big deal, i'll just make next mod to modify driver files again - of course, if more apps/games would be released with this newer SDK...
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts


Tags
amd, nvidia, physx, software






All times displayed in UTC
Powered by vBulletin from vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


User Agent   Copyright © 2014 NGOHQ.com - All Rights Reserved   Disclaimer