Sorry if 2 days means "so long" to you, i always have some issues in real life.
By now it seems to be done. It wasn't tested by many people, but the mod does its work with all needed files, and that should be enough for everything to work. PhysX mod v1.02
- added support for new checks in 195.xx drivers
- added support for XP/2003 drivers
- both x86 and x64 are supported by a single mod now
Notes about the mod:
- Both x86 and x64 are supported by a single file now. If you are using x86 OS, you should just skip patching 64-bit binaries (press No when asked for a search).
- Don't forget that you must be able to access nvidia control panel. For this connect nvidia GPU to the second input port of your monitor - physically or virtually (i don't know if this is possible), or any other way you find. There are community-generated tutorials for this, i can't tell anything because i own only 1 GPU.
- Lite version may come later, if needed. Additionally, i can fix errors if you find them and release it with an update. - IMPORTANT: please use the mod only once for newer drivers. There is a possible problem with patching of unnecessary code function (not related to PhysX) after the first successful use.
Notes about XP/2003 support:
- Only 195.62 drivers are tested for XP/2003 case. I can't say anything about earlier versions, i didn't even try them.
- It should work for XP/2003 x64 editions too, would be great if anyone will confirm.
- It will work for 2000 only if original XP/2003 package supports it. PhysX System Software 9.09.30 mod v1.0
for Ageia PPU
Follow instructions in readme file, but i ask you to draw attention to the 2nd note about PhysX panel. We ran into many problems while trying to make it to work, and my final guessed solution (which will save your time if it works) is not included in the readme. So i ask anyone interested to test it:
1. Install PhysX SS 8.09.04.
2. Install PhysX SS 9.09.30.
3. Download the included archive (PhysX_9.09.0814_original_AgCP
) and extract everything to your System32 (SysWOW64 for x64 users) folder.
(this archive contains only original files from 9.09.0814 installation, which is the latest known version with included PhysX panel for Ageia PPU)
This may work better than other tricks. If not - you (and the community) will have to find a better way.
BTW, FluidMark may not function properly with this 9.09.30 (according to results from the only 1 tester with 2 machines). I wonder if it will ever work on PPU even with nvidia GPU... Everything else seems to be working fine.